Friday, May 14, 2010

Trash to Treasure!!

Some time ago, before the temps started hitting 90 degrees, I ventured on a walk with Barnum, Bailey and Ruby. (Me holding the leash and the two little men on foot.) It just so happened to be "heavy trash day." Being a girl who was raised with dumpsters in the alley, I didn't know the love of "heavy trash day."

I.LOVE.HEAVY.TRASHDAY. (The day where residents in our subdivision are allowed to put "items larger than our standard issue 50 gallon rolling trash can with lid" on the curb.

We stumbled upon these:


Some how I was able to carry BOTH of these chairs, manage the dog on the leash AND herd Barnum and Bailey back to the house. Why didn't I just go and get my car you ask?? Because we were 10 minutes away and someone else could have TAKEN THEM!!! My husband rolled his eyes and said, "Honey, nobody else would have taken them!" Clearly he doesn't read the blogs I read!!

3 cans of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor spray paint later and two cushions I scored at Garden Ridge and we had these:




Please never underestimate the power of spray paint!!! Because I am always inspired by other creative peeps who love to share ideas, I am linking to the following:

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home, Look What I Made Day @ Creations by Kara, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Creative Cats Linky @ Poppies at Play, and last but certainly not LEAST...Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking

15 comments:

  1. Your chairs are fabulous!! I love those cushions. I am so with you on dragging the chairs home. Husbands just don't understand.
    I wish that they had a trash day like that around here.
    Thanks for the comment and nice words. Please, come by again soon!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those turned out great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very impressive. I'll let you take someone's trash but don't let me find you with legs hanging out of a dumpster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly envious of your dumpster diving find! I'm with you, I have been known to leave kids (have older kids) behind to watch my find, while I go get the truck to bring it back. Hopefully, someone won't take my item that way or my kids! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! i just saw some new red ones like this for $16 a pair at walmart! you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out fantastic!! Spray paint does wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love love love it!!!! Such a fun look.
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chairs look great! Youd id a fabulous job.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been dragging junk home for years and my husband and son both would walk away, pretending not to know me.....
    I love the red chairs! And cushions are perfect... great find and re-do!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love them!!!! I have two similar faded green chairs myself, maybe I should paint them. I used spray paint almost religiously! I did a post some weeks back about spraypainting an old toddler play car we had in our back yard for my 3 year old niece. I painted it brown and lavender and festooned it with streaming girly ribbons - she loves it! Thanks for the inspiration! Come see me sometime at sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
    I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fabulous! I love the bright red and the fun colors of the cushions! It's obvious the family approves, too! Great, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I.LOVE.THESE!!!! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Dude,
    Gave you a blog award...have to come over to my blog to get it though... Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turned out fantastic!!! My love of spray paint keeps growing. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

You are Visitor Number

BlogCatalog

Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory