Saturday, February 27, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Barnum, although he had his Buzz Light Year gloves on and everything, was having difficulty working the ground to his pleasing. Bailey was headed over to investigate.
Bailey, "What in the heck, Bubba? That IS NOT how you do it! Let me do it before you ruin it."
Bailey throws his arms up. "You are IMPOSSIBLE to WORK with! If you would JUST LISTEN to ME you WOULD UNDERSTAND! Then THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN!!"
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Thankfully, all of the inspiration out there in bloggy land has encouraged me to make something of this chandelier and find a place for it! "Repurpose" or "Upcycle" are the words these uber talented ladies use! So here is the Before:
Nothing wrong! Just a little "heavier" than what I was going for in our entryway.
Step 1: I hosed it down with two coats of RustOleum's American Accents in Blossom White and wrapped a pearl garland (thank you wedding aisle at Michael's) around each "arm?" I am undecided re: the pearls! Please vote in the poll on the right hand side of the blog!!
Step 2: I went out to my husband's tackle box, thieved his fishing line and then strung me up some fancy crystals!! HAHAHA! (Again, thank you to the Michael's. This time, it was the floral aisle!)
Step 3: I super glued my "crystals" on!
Step 4: The chandelier found a new home in the entryway!
Do you want ideas on how to market your small business? Do you proudly support businesses that offer a One for One Promise for infants in need? Do you love to WIN FREE GIVEAWAYS?? PLEASE check out this SPOTLIGHT Link Featuring Noah's Inspirations!!
Because I L-O-V-E the inspiration I find at the following blogs, I will be linking to:
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
3. A random pic of supplies. HOWEVER, note the bottom right corner!! Those are a page of Ana's plans!!
4. Houston, we have assembly!! Gorilla Glue...I heart you!! (and Gorilla tape, epoxy and so on and so forth!!)
5. Houston, we have UPRIGHT assembly!! (Don't be judging my garage!!)
6. The Strong Man added a little something extra to our "Recycle Center!!" He routed out the top!! I love the extra touch it gives it!!
7. We opted for the slide out drawers verses the tilt out doors. Here is a pic of the hardware.
8. FINALLY, the finished product!! Unfortunately, I don't have a staging studio with expensive lighting and cameras! My older than dirt camera DOESN'T do it justice!!!
9. For the paint job, we opted for KRYLON Indoor/Outdoor Black in a satin finish. ONLY because Hob Lob had only ONE CAN of Rustoleum's Canyon Black. Now, I know the sisters at Shanty2Chic (whom I LOVE!!) go on and on about Rustoleum's Canyon Black. However, KRYLON did NOT LET ME DOWN!! Not to mention, it has a super cool "EZ TOUCH 360 Dial" that TRULY adjusts to any angle!! (NO I am NOT being paid to say this!! I have a whopping 17 followers!! Nobody pays me to say anything!! It is just an honest product review!!)
Friday, February 12, 2010
I made these altered canvases for some dear little ones!!
I painted 16x20 canvases with a base color and then mod podged layers of patterned scrapbook paper for matting pictures or in one case Bible verses. I cut out the names with the Cricut Calligraphy Cartridge (inspiration & inspiration blackout) and the various shapes and sizes of stars with the Plantin Schoolbook cart. I also wrapped grosgrain ribbon around the canvases where the papers met.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Brenna and I turned Barnum and Aubrey loose with the paint. (COLOR WONDER paint of course!!)
Photo courtesy of (Schlosser Designs Blog)
She very generously gives you everything you need!! Not to mention, her shop is full of much, MUCH more!!!
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Did you know that you could turn cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk into CARAMEL??? You can cook it into a caramel drizzling sauce, dipping sauce or SPREAD!!!!
One of my FAVORITE blogs, This Crazy Life-Michelle Underwood Designs, gives all the deets!! Not only does she give details on preparation, she graciously gives FREE PRINTABLES to doll your caramel sauces up for gifting!!!
Here are a few of her finished products:
Here are pictures of her ADORABLE free printables!!:
(Yes it says "CHRISTMAS," however, the red and white labels are PERFECT for the little holiday we have coming up in 1 WEEK!!!)
Please head over to This Crazy Life-Michelle Underwood Designs! Get yourselves some cuteness and tell her THANK YOU!!!