Thursday, January 29, 2009
However, there is a man I know, who tops any description of "not being up with the times" I could possibly conjure up. This man....we'll call him Doneldo, was offered FREE FRONT ROW TICKETS AND BACKSTAGE PASSES TO SEE/MEET COLDPLAY!!!
His response, "Who is Cold-PLATE?" (Pause for major gasping reaction)
And yes...that is Doneldo RIGHT BEHIND CHRIS MARTIN!!!!!! CHRIS MARTIN!!!! THE CHRIS MARTIN who lulled away the hours on my CD/RADIO/ALARM CLOCK while I lay paralyzed in my bed hoping that my husband and The PuppetMaster would bring me something to eat or drink!!! Where am I? NOT PICTURED ;(
If you haven't been introduced to my "Best-Friends Rule," here it goes. The Simpson Life and I devised this rule at the ripe old age of....maybe 17?
Best Friends Rule: 3 degrees of seperation=BFF
Chris Martin + Doneldo + Me = Me and Chris Martin are BFF
JJ ABRAMS + a.k.a Writer + Me= Me and JJ ABRAMS are BFF
Met Sheryl Crow at Borders Books = Me and Sheryl Crow are BFF
Katie Holmes-Cruise + Dance Teacher + The Simpson Life's Bell Stets = The Simpson Life and Katie Holmes-Cruise are BFF
The list goes on and on!! I am very interested in anyone else's 3 degrees of seperation!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Missy did a great job with these!!!
1. We'll start with an easy one. What are the four reasons that John Piper gives for writing the book? Which do you look most forward to hearing Piper answer?
a. Why does God want us to know His sovereignty over sin?
b. Why does God not restrain sin more often?
c. How can we have faith and joy during the severity of the last days?
d. How is Christ glorified in a world of sin?
I am looking forward to all of the above with a special interest in #3.
Here comes the hard part. I hope you read the footnote on page 24. If you are like me, you read it several times, then out loud, then needed to discuss it with someone. We're loving the Lord with all our minds! Answer these as best you can (it's okay if you are fuzzy - we're only in chapter one):
2. What is God's role in sin:
a. Does he allow you to sin? Yes, He gave us free will.
b. Does he cause you to sin? No. God is blameless and sinless. I sin out of my own selfish desires. Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. (Missy, I'm looking forward to your tutorial on the footnote!!)
c. Does he allow temptation to come before you? Yes
d. What resources does he give you to resist it? (quote scripture if possible.)
#1-The Bible- this is our 1st and foremost defense. The Bible reveals the holiness of God and instructs us in ways to live that will reflect His glory.
#2 All believers, those who recognize their desperate need for a savior, who recognize Jesus Christ as the only one who can atone for their sins, and have placed their faith in Him, have the power of The Holy Spirit indwelling within them.
#3 Prayer-our direct life-line to God and His power.
#4 Fellowship and accountability with other believers.
3. Are God's purposes sometimes accomplished through the sinful actions of man? Aside from the Crucifixion, can you think of another biblical example? YES!! Jacob and Essau, Joseph and his brothers, Daniel in the lion's den, David and Bathsheba, and the list goes on and ON. Heather C. I really like how you pointed out God's use of entire pagan nations!!
4. Piper states that his primary goal is to magnify Christ. What are some ways that a Christian might do that, even under intense suffering? What are some ways that we might do that, during our day-to-day frustrations and disappointments? Have you personally witnessed any examples of either? It is important to me, to know and understand EVERYDAY that we are here for HIS glory. Our lives are about HIM, not us. His Providential mercy and our resulting circumstances are about Him. (Thank you Voddie Baucham!!) "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." Colossians 3:15 "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17
5. On page 29 he writes, "We are pushing our way through a blood-spattered life that makes us feel connected to the world yet disconnected at the same time. We are here but not here. Love binds us to the tragic earth, and love binds us to the treasure in heaven." What thoughts does this provoke in you? One day at a time with eternity in mind. Sound familiar Missy??
Friday, January 23, 2009
I googled and found a great website designed to give me this edumaction!! It is none other than, Netlingo. PLEASE NOTE....Parental Discretion Advised regarding NETLINGO!!!!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
The votes are in on their mother and she will from this point forward be known as The Trapeze Artist. (I actually had votes!!!)
Barnum and Bailey had a great time visiting their cousins.
The fun only got better when these sweet little girls shipped down a TON of loot!! Baby Leap Pad books (which are nary to be found again!!) and a George Foreman 360 Grill box full of VHS videos!! You heard me. VHS. This fam still rolls that way.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Get there people!! That license could come at any moment!! Nic and I made out like bandits. Not only did we sample every single one of their products. We each had a regular size (which is very generous) FreshBerry tart yogurt with THREE mix ins AND 20 oz. smoothies to go! The Strong Man was very pleased with his Blackberry and Banana smoothie.
Katie has given a shout out to FreshBerry too. BTW, the Tulsa store was the very first FreshBerry to ever open. It is a craze that is catching on! I highly encourage you to jump on the bandwagon. Especially since it is FREE right now!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Please excuse my tardiness regarding this post. I had to summon my sister (Who I have not yet given a circus identity. I'm up for suggestions.) and force her to spend hours in front of her wrecked computer downloading, editing and emailing me pictures from the soiree. It will not come as a surprise to any of you who know me that I didn't have my camera!!
Dear Baby Boy,
You are truly a miracle. Mommy and Daddy are very grateful for you! In your one year you have added richly to our lives. May God grant us many happy years together!!
You made a VERY quick entry into the world!! Mommy felt (yes....FELT after 6 months of feeling NOTHING!!!) her first contraction at 6:09 AM and you made your entry into the world at 9:44 AM. Dr. Young delivered you in jeans, a t-shirt and medical gloves!
You entered in weighing 9 lbs, 7 oz at 21 inches long.
When your Big brother met you it was love at first sight.
You were a happy, happy baby who loved to eat and sleep!!
Now for your PARTY!!!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
This is a FREE website you should check out!! Not only check it out but download the software and update regularly!! I too have anti-virus software on my PC! It runs every other day. BUT! The Strong Man STILL removed 23 viruses off my laptop yesterday!!
This is not the first time malwarebytes has saved the day at our house, my father-in-laws house (113 Trojan horse viruses!!), my sil's house, etc, etc. Check it out!!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
I was totally ignorant to the fact that this thing even existed until I was enlightened by my sister. Was I ever ENLIGHTENED!!! Seeing that I had long ago mailed my Christmas lists I had no expectations of getting one. Well, the 'Rents surprised The Strong Man and I by giving us one!! YIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!
We have been home for three days and have used it for three days. I am obsessed and I am in love.
This grill contains five interchangeable plates for grilling, baking, griddling, sauteing, quesadillaing, pizzaing. THE POSSIBILITIES are ENDLESS!!
Click here for more info and even some yummy recipes! I am making the "Holiday Foccaccia" tomorrow!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I will begin with the LEAST and end with the GREATEST WORST thing that plagued my Circus Spectacular in 2008.
A Friend's Super Hero Birthday Party
An adorable 1 year old little boy!